Re: Wested Jacket Survives Monkey Bite

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Mike Davis from usm-0043-47.wans.net on September 10, 1998 at 21:10:13:

In Reply to: Wested Jacket Survives Monkey Bite posted by Major Paul on September 10, 1998 at 03:13:59:

: : Man, I go away for a few days and look at all these damn postings....

: Just got back from a trip to the Indonesian island of Bali and Singapore. In addition to the scuba diving and boogie boarding, I did do some cultural stuff which include visiting some of the incredibly old (8th century A.D.!)Hindu temples. One of the sites I visited was called Pura Dalem which means "Temple of the Dead". It's in this forest and populated by numerous monkeys. Since Hindu law forbids a non-Hindu from entering the inner grounds, I was sitting on the exterior wall looking inward and examining the stone carvings. One monkey ambled over and, forewarned, I gave him a small banana. He sat down next to me and I kept giving him bananas. When I ran out, the little bastard got angry, jumped on my back and bit me! Fortunately, I was wearing my jacket because he put some pretty good teeth marks into it. It hurt but at least he didn't reach my skin.

: Monkey bite proof at the "Temple of the Dead". Now if that doesn't sell a Wested, I don't know what will! -MP

Hi Major Paul,

This is an amazing story that had me rolling...

I would really like to include this in the Indy's Diggs testimonials for the the Indy jacket. Please email me if this is OK. I would have emailed you, but I didn't see your address in the message.

Regards,
Mike

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: