I am at peace with the Indiana Jones Trilogy...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Slightly philosophical graml from user-2ivev05.dialup.mindspring.com on January 18, 2001 at 07:37:03:

You know how, when folks reach a certain age, they come to terms with various aspects of their life? They look back and either regret what they did (or failed to do), or they look back and are content with what Fate has dealt them. I have reached that point in my life as an Indyfan. When I sit back on a rainy Sunday afternoon and watch Raiders or Temple of Doom, it's like visiting an old friend. I listen to the music and it is as though I'm transported back to the 1980s, and I see myself waiting in line at the movies with my father. And I can't help but smile when Indy takes a punch, or Marcus almost falls off his horse. And I see the trilogy as three of the best movies ever made, and I'm perfectly happy with it. I guess what I am saying (in way yonder too verbose a style, I suppose), is that if Indy 4 never gets made, I won't, as an Indyfan, regret it. Perhaps the Indiana Jones franchise should remain a wholly 80s phenomenon; I'd rather keep it the way it is than have the powers that be make one last desperate (albeit profitable) foray into familiar (and almost sacred) waters.
-graml

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]