Clarification

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leo2space140.utsi.edu on January 18, 2001 at 13:04:37:

In Reply to: You had to see THAT coming.... posted by Shawnkara on January 18, 2001 at 03:36:40:

Peter himself refers to it as a costume jacket, so no problems there. Regards. Michaelson

: I was just talking with my Wife last night about that Indiana Dog moron, his abusiveness and the fact that Peter vists and posts on the forum. I was one of the people that refered to the Wested jacket as a 'costume' jacket, but this was in defense of the jacket. I meant to imply that the jacket was made as part of a costume for use in the hottest of climates, thus justifying the lightweight construction. I recently used Wested AND Herbert Johnson as examples of why I feel the common fan like myself is often not taken seriously by businesses. That view applied to ALL bussinesses, again, they were only examples. The Wested jacket is still the ONLY "Raiders" jacket out there. I don't give a rat's ass about stitch spacing and this or that being off by a millimeter. Fact is, every film uses many near-identical versions of a given article, and trying to nail the EXACT thing is as futile as trying to find Indiana Dog's pecker in a box of straight pins. Sorry, but for nearly turning Peter agaist us, you deserved that one. Indiana Jones only exists on the screen, and all the items of gear need to appear as they do on screen. Go through your photo album and then look at the clothes you were wearing in any given photo. NOTHING appears in person as it does on film. Looking at my Halloween pictures, my Wested looks like it came straight out of "Raiders"; the cut, color, drape, fit, etc. But in person it looks different somehow. I have the US Authentic jacket, too. It's a nice jacket but needed a lot of work to get 'the look'. It's horribly inaccurate off the shelf, not to mention the hefty $420.00 tag. There's the US Wings jacket, but I've heard terrible things about their customer service as well. Flight Suits may make a great jacket SOMEDAY but at this rate, by the time they nail Patterson's specs, I'll have one just in time to be burried in it. I've yet to hear one good thing about the fit of the FS, a surprise from a company with their reputation. And don't forget the extra $100.00 + for a proper fit! Peter's jacket comes that way to start with. The original jacket for a lot less cash; not a bad deal. If your's didn't I suspect you have a thing or two to learn about taking measurements. Mine fits me exactly as Harrison's did in the film, from the fit of the sleeves to the taper of the waist when zipped. I know that most complaints are about the service and e-mails and such. First of all I don't think Peter is all that computer friendly. Most people beyond our generation seldom are. Despite reputation Wested is still a fairly small company, family owned and operated the same way for many years. They are not an automated factory, nor are they a vending machine. The bulk of Peter's business comes from the film industry; mass orders from a single source. It's probably a pain in the ass to track so many individual orders when you're not used to doing it. As for quality, I've never had a problem. Satin lining in ANY jacket is asking for trouble. Leather is dead, dried flesh; you're going to get a bad run from time to time. It's unfortunate that some people have had these problems, but it hardly means that Peter is the Devil. As far as the misrouting of orders goes, who doesn't have a Postal horror story? I still have mail going to an address I haven't lived at for six years. When I got my Wested the Post Office forgot to charge me the $19.00 customs fee. I got a bill for it yesterday. Oh, well. Just remember, not everything is Peter's fault.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]