waving the white flag

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Donovan from gate.timeinc.com on January 18, 2001 at 13:41:04:

In Reply to: Por vous Donovan posted by Sean on January 18, 2001 at 13:18:32:

Hey, I just wrote the same sentiment to you below. I could have made my original point without the sarcasm so...sorry and, yeah it's dropped.

On an aside I've actually never sold Indy stuff on ebay but I worked for the record industry for 4 years plus a couple years before that managing a record store and I've run out of room and am selling off CDs and music-related swag. So on ebay the sellers get charged when they start the auction and again when an auction closes and if the bidder goes deadbeat you're basically screwed. I try to be fair in my descriptions and pricing but there are definitely people who are not but that's the way it is with everything.

But people bidding high on stuff, it's voluntary. I've had auctions where for instance an old music magazine started at a dollar and people just kept bidding so the price keeps going up and up and they could probably get the issue through the magazine's subscriptions/back-issue dept (which most magazines have, by the way) but that's the way auctions go.

Anyway, no hard feelings, right?

: Listen man - I never meant to stir up shit and if selling things on E-bay is part of your livelihood then that's fine, I'm willing to leave it alone.
: If you noticed I changed my viewpoint about "messing" around with the bids. I now realize it's wrong. For that I am accused of being immature. Funny.
: Further - I never got "personal" or insulted people, but you did. Fine, your choice, not my style.
: Let's just drop it - I'm not going to go on any more crusades against scalpers on E-bay...and I know I said below you had the last word, so of course you now get the opportunity once more. Do what you will and I won't step on your feet.
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]