See below, all's well in Indyland :)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on January 18, 2001 at 17:33:02:

In Reply to: waving the white flag posted by Donovan on January 18, 2001 at 13:41:04:

: Hey, I just wrote the same sentiment to you below. I could have made my original point without the sarcasm so...sorry and, yeah it's dropped.

:
: On an aside I've actually never sold Indy stuff on ebay but I worked for the record industry for 4 years plus a couple years before that managing a record store and I've run out of room and am selling off CDs and music-related swag. So on ebay the sellers get charged when they start the auction and again when an auction closes and if the bidder goes deadbeat you're basically screwed. I try to be fair in my descriptions and pricing but there are definitely people who are not but that's the way it is with everything.

: But people bidding high on stuff, it's voluntary. I've had auctions where for instance an old music magazine started at a dollar and people just kept bidding so the price keeps going up and up and they could probably get the issue through the magazine's subscriptions/back-issue dept (which most magazines have, by the way) but that's the way auctions go.

: Anyway, no hard feelings, right?

: : Listen man - I never meant to stir up shit and if selling things on E-bay is part of your livelihood then that's fine, I'm willing to leave it alone.
: : If you noticed I changed my viewpoint about "messing" around with the bids. I now realize it's wrong. For that I am accused of being immature. Funny.
: : Further - I never got "personal" or insulted people, but you did. Fine, your choice, not my style.
: : Let's just drop it - I'm not going to go on any more crusades against scalpers on E-bay...and I know I said below you had the last word, so of course you now get the opportunity once more. Do what you will and I won't step on your feet.
: : Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]