Remember When They Were Making Indy 4?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Jake from host-216-78-22-184.cae.bellsouth.net on January 18, 2001 at 18:21:10:

Looking over the recent posts (about being at peace with no Indy 4) has caused a bit of nostalgia to set in...

Ahhh...

1994 - I remember thinking how "Summer 1995" seemed so far off, but at least I would get to enjoy Indy on the big screen one last time...

1997 - Indy 4 patterned after ID4? And since when did Indy have a brother? I had my moment of doubt and pain.

1998 - It was official. Right there on the cover of Cinescape- "INDY'S BACK!!!" Yep, sequels were in demand again, but how come mine never got made? :(

1999 - Now we are getting somewhere. I started visiting the Indyfan Forum often. Very often. Why? Because of all the buzz surrounding the new Indy film that was now 'In Production'!

2000 - April. Spielberg turns down Jurassic Park 3 and begins scouting locations in Brazil. Ford drops out of his profitable Jack Ryan franchise to do an "action film". There was a period of about two days where I was unstoppable.

2000 - July. There was a period of about two days where Indy 4 was fodder for late night comedians. I slept in.

2001 - Mass hysteria over a 4" figure. But nobody's really having a good time.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]