Re: The Raiders Jungle Temple look achieved..

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Hector from spider-wb031.proxy.aol.com on January 18, 2001 at 19:18:37:

In Reply to: I know I asked this before but.. posted by Indy Sean on January 18, 2001 at 16:47:35:

Hey Sean- this is just my little ol`-opinion or advice but if you stretch your hat from front to back you will see the brim slope in the shape you want.(I believe someone else brought this up also in an earlier post). I was experimenting with my Peterbros and on one side. I basically grabbed it right about the middle and began to bend it into an upside-down V shape.(off of the side view in the cairo bar scene)I exagerated the fold are really twisted it up. I thought I had ruined the brim but ,lo-and-behold, when I put it back on it had the exact look of the film hat. From over bending it, my head shaped it into the exact look.
I have done this for several days and it is PERFECT....I can`t stress how perfect it looks now...especially since I didn`t do the other side (the side with the bow). So now it looks like an exact replica of the Peruvian Temple scenes hat....if you noticed, the left side of the brim seemed to be raised up slightly in the back. This is VERY noticable when Indy is switching the idol from its base and when he triggers the poison dart from the wall. They show an overhead view and you can see the brim is higher on one side.
I don`t own a Herbert Johnson so I don`t know how it is to work with that felt. If it is anything like my millers were you will have a real hard time getting to achieve that Raiders look. The felt on my Peterbros. (IN MY OPINION) is not as stiff or thick as people make it out to be. I think everyone is just use to the soft Herbert or Millers so the Peterbros just kinda freaks them out. But idf your willing to take a chance on such an expensive hat just bend the hell out of the sides and after a few days it will form to that shape...do it while its on your head too so that it will conform to your shape. I am trying to get some pics of the new look of my Peterbros as I feel this truly achieves the Raiders Jungle Temple Look. From the moment Indy turns the hall into the main chamber with his hands on his hips to when he pulls the hat down on his head, my hat is EXACT right now. And I did it by accident cuz I was playing with it following the advice that was put on the post about making your hat llok like the Cairo Hat. Read those posts again...they`ll help. Good luck-Hector

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]