Some folks really do amaze me...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.46 on January 18, 2001 at 19:38:47:

I've received the following email today from Flight Suits:

"Hey Chief,

Had a talk with the boss about the measurements on the jacket. He thinks we should publish these as you gave us, for a 40R jacket. He feels that with an additional explanation that measurements will change as the jacket grows would be the way to explain it to the customers.

We need final numbers from our pattern dept. before we pass them back to you for publication. We'll talk more of this when you come down.

Adios."

There you are. I'm arranging a trip down there next week (workload permitting) and will hopefully hit Dave Marshall up for lunch. We'll go over the jacket face-to-face, detail-by-detail – to date, we've had to go through the process of swapping jackets via UPS, sending emails/diagrams back and forth. I'm a few hours away, and getting face-to-face time has been hard. We'll put some closure on this - sorry if the logistics have meant a few mis-starts here.

Once we do that, they'll cut my jacket, send it off to me and wait with for the “thumbs up" from me. Then they'll hand me their final 40R numbers, and I'll put them out there.

"Why would they have to tell you what the numbers are, when you examined an original?" Good question! Remember, I am but a fan - a professional accountant actually - who compared an original 40 to a Wested 48, noted proportional differences, took selective measurements given the time and conditions allowed, and tried to interpret them to people who would have done a MUCH better job. Does this make sense?

Cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: