I think I've got it!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix1-13.essex1.com on January 19, 2001 at 14:04:42:

In Reply to: Re: What should Indy's sought after prize be in Indy 4? posted by Marhala Bartender on January 18, 2001 at 17:25:53:

You know, I have been reading through all the Raiders of the Lost Draft essays, my Dark Horse Indy comics, and looking through lots of my mythology and archaeology texts, and correct me if I am wrong (which I probably am since Marvel had a whole series of Indy comics that I haven't read yet), but I don't think Indy has tried for the Fountain of Youth.

A common thread among Indy treasures is that the thing sought after usually contains some kind of supernatural force, usually able to give its possessor superhuman strength or immortality. What better to do that than all the old legends of the Fountain of Youth. It doesn't necessarily have to be contained in Florida as many scholars have thought, perhaps in Central or South America. And if they really needed to, it could be connected in some way to Atlantis.

Just a thought.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]