You know, I feel downright shameful when I look at how I dressed in the 70's! Yuck!(nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-56.col.cableone.net on January 19, 2001 at 21:36:28:

In Reply to: Just as an aside... posted by Michaelson on January 19, 2001 at 13:17:28:

: : For those that are interested in buying reasonably priced, authentic looking Indy pants -- go to www.llbean.com

: : LL Bean is always changing the colors of their pants but go with the Dress Chinos, natural fit, in the 'light brown' color (for the ToD and LC). If you are interested in the ROTLA look, go with the Year Round Wool Dress Pants in Taupe. They are a little more expensive but worth it!!

: ...of all the items out there, I have to believe the MOST original, right to the original pattern item out there is the MBA pants, as they have the one thing that I absolutely HATED during that time period incorporated into the original pattern. Remember Raiders was filmed in the late '70's. The pants were made from patterns used AT THAT TIME, and though correct in terms of pleat and such reflecting a 1930's mood, have those gosh awful wide belt loops, and are really tailored for the wide belts we wore in the 1970's. Now I love my MBA's, but have no warm and fuzzy feelings about the garbage we had to wear in the '70's (and I was there too). This feature is still incorporated in the currently available pants from Noel Howard, and that's why I personally believe they are indeed taken directly from the original patterns. Like I said, no big thing, just an passing thought. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]