Re: Ribbon Maddnesssss

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 24-164-153-78.nyc.rr.com on January 19, 2001 at 23:55:09:

In Reply to: Ribbon Maddnesssss posted by MK on January 19, 2001 at 22:00:32:

I also am on the same search for a nice black ribbon. I am pretty unimpressed with the Petersham in real life. Like you, I very much like the hj ribbon and hat on indygear. I agree that it's probably the lighting, but you should email indygear to see if they can find out for you. To me the ribbon in those photos looks black. Greg on this forum seems to know his ribbons, he might be able to help you. I will keep a lookout and let you know if I see something.

Cheers,

Indy Sean

-----

: As I have said in the past, I prefer a VERY dark brown ribbon. On Raiders my favorite pics of the fedora are when it looks black. Also I love the way the HJ looks on Indygear, but I believe that has more to do with the lighting, film and scanning. I don't think it is really that color. It has that dark chocolate look. Any way, I have had to settle for black ribbons on my hats. BUT, I have been on the hunt for THE color that is in my minds eye. I spent a good amount of time on the net, phone, and in a few millinery(?)and hat shops in LA. The only thing close is a ribbon that was sent to a hat shop by mistake. It was not the one they ordered and don't know where it came from. It is pretty good. The only problem is it is only an inch wide:-( So, my next step is to try the movie studio wardrobe departments. They may have some old 40's ribbon. If not I will try dying my own. I will let you know how I make out.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]