My HJ from '00 looks like a "clean" Raiders (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Gregg from CDA23AC7.onyx-pharm.com on January 20, 2001 at 01:14:51:

In Reply to: Re: Herbert Johnson and Peters bros. posted by Greg on January 16, 2001 at 23:53:53:

: : > when I got my new one it looked much darker than my old one

: : If the original material (or even hat stock) isn't available any more, they may not be able to "make 'em like they used to" even if they wanted to.

: : Food fer thought. (For free. From me. Ack! :-)

: Dye lots will ALWAYS differ. I've owned two HJ's in the same room with one another, 2 years apart in age. First of all, the felt bodies changed (new supplier) and the felt actually was of a higher quality than 1996, and my newer hat was slightly darker, but with wear, and fading in the sun, dust, etc. it has lightened to look exactly like the LC hat, so I am happy with it. So for everyone ordering hats out there, fret not too much about HJ. The felt is of a higher quality than 5 years ago. I can attest to it personally. I agree that if you want the Raiders look and you just want a hat that looks like the film hat, and don't mind the stiffness and thicker felt, go with a Peters Brothers. If you want the LC or Temple look and want a softer, thinner felt, go with HJ. Aside from international shipping woes, which can happen with anything, you won't be disappointed with an HJ.

: Greg

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]