Re: Indy Gear advice

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust113.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 20, 2001 at 08:31:41:

In Reply to: Re: Indy Gear advice posted by Arizona Smith on January 20, 2001 at 05:32:45:

I agree. In my opinion that jacket and the hat are the two things that make Indiana Jones (appearance-wise, anyway). And the jacket is something you can wear all the time, depending on your climate. The hat you can wear a lot, too, but the jacket, at least for me, gets more practical use. I wear the Alden boots everyday but no one ever looks at them and says "Hey, Indiana".

: : Hello
: : I am just starting out as a collector of Indy Gear. In fact the only thing I have is the bag. I love it, it is very useful when traveling and such. My question is where should I go from here? Should I get the little things like belts and shoes, or bigger stuff like the jacket or the hat first? It sounds like you guys have a great deal of advice, and experience out there, so I would appreciate any input or suggestions

: : Santiago

: : Adios seņor

:
: It very much depends on your budget. However, you will probably find that after acquiring a couple of the 'little things', if you add up the cost of each you'll find that you could have had the jacket first. I would personally opt for the jacket next if you can afford it -- I think you'll get a bigger kick out of that than any other item (IMHO). Then if your budget dictates it, make your next purchase another of the less expensive items.

: If you're going for a Wested see Indiana John's post below and make sure you get these modifications done.

: Have fun collecting!

: Regards
: Arizona

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: