Been there...almost

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-153.col.cableone.net on January 21, 2001 at 14:43:48:

In Reply to: Re: Herbert Johnson problems resolved I think posted by 29yr.old Indy on January 21, 2001 at 09:17:59:

: : Well I'm sure most of you have heard me tell this so let me sum up for those havent. Had a hj long time ago but it got to small so I sent it back to be resized but it got lost in the mail. Got a new HJ for Xmas but it wasnt modified it was stock so I sent it back, HJ didnt update their adress on their website and so I sent the hat to 10 Old Bond Street to be modified but since they havent been there for 6 years it got sent back to me. So I decided instead of risking losing another hat. I emailed Joe Jr and asked if he could modify it. I'll wait to see his reply, I hope so cuz I dont want to shell out another 40 bucks to send it to London again just to see it lost or have HJ do something wrong again.

: : Matt

: : Hey Matt, I have a similiar problem with my HJ. Mine is stretched out of shape a little and the crown has collapsed slightly. I was thinking about asking Joe Jr. if he would re-modify mine, too. Let us know what he says!

Yep, he will do it for you. I have already ask if he could reblock my GW fedora, and he will do it. The only reservations that he had was he didn't know if the felt would take his hat stiffener( I like em stiff). I would suggest that you have him add a bit of the stiffener to the brim at least so the brim will retain the shape that you prefer. Floopy brims are ok, but if you want a certain shape to stay in, go with the stiffener. Regards, Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]