Re: Another Indy IV thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from cheetah.bluep.com on January 22, 2001 at 03:21:00:

In Reply to: Another Indy IV thought posted by Santiago on January 21, 2001 at 23:45:39:

: I was wondering, what your thoughts are on this. In Raiders, Marcus Brody, and Sallah seemed to be competent characters, who could get things done and somewhat added to the plot. However in Last Crusade, they seemd to have regressed to bumbling fools, that were almost an embarassment. Don't get me wrong I still love the LC. Anyhow when Indy IV comes out how should Sallah be portrayed if he is given a slot? The same as in Raiders or as in the Last Crusade? This is supposing that he is given a slot at all.

: Santiago

: Adios Seņor
I agree 100% with you on this one.In The Last Crusade Marcus is a camp old dag who doesnt know his arse from his feet and Sallah is a bumbling ethno-stereotype.
The Sallah of Raiders is wordly,educated and extremely compotent.In the Last Crusade he has stinking lines like "belly of the steel beast"
But in Raiders he gets cool lines like "perhaps a man i know can help"
In the Last Crusade Sallah doesnt seem to even know himself.Marcus went down hill from being a field man just past his prime to being a useless old geezer that sticks out like a dogs plumbing regardless of where on earth he is.
I prefer Temple to Crusade,i see Indys character as remaining intact,like the seriels from which it grew it was a very differant installment from "last weeks" episode.What is wrong with change?The idea of Indy is he can get out of trouble or into trouble by his own wits or lack thereoff.The tux looked good,opened up another window to the character but didnt give anything away.The opening scene in Last Crusade tells us more about the character than we had learned in the first 2 movies and for me it was too much too quick.I would rather have the TV show teach us about Indys earlier experiences .The Temple plane crash was great,the mine car chase also,the only thing that sh#@s me is Willie.In Last Crusade Indy is just another guy with a father complex(hell i,ve got a father complex)
I am sure that I may upset some people out there and I am sorry but Indy is not a one trick pony so lets give him a differant enemy,a new quest and certainly not a watered down Raiders with cartoon characters as supporting cast.
Im glad to get that of my chest.
Thanks for listening
Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: