Could be!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on January 22, 2001 at 13:59:07:

In Reply to: A Mickey Mouse operation? Holy cow! posted by Fall Guy on January 22, 2001 at 13:57:03:

Could it be the substitute of that great creaking leather sound? You can substitute cheap leather and just insert newspaper! Interesting concept! (grins) Regards. Michaelson

: Disney must be an environmentally conscious operation (I guess I'm talking as a naive optimist here...) by recycling paper products.
: Or their products lack quality (pessimist speaking). We must find out what newspaper was used! Get the finger printing kit at once. We WILL find the guilty party. :p

: : In my "function" as a consultant to IndyGear, I too receive many emails pertaining to gear and such, and in the last month I received a like story from an individual located in Texas who had purchased a jacket from an individual, and in taking his jacket to a tailor for alterations, stated that he had discovered the same newpaper, and stated it was "The London times". In following up the conversation (I had had not one, but two long talks with Peter Friday night), have found that this individual ALSO had the Disney version, and NOT a Wested as he had believed. This detail will need to be ironed out between the individual and the person he purchased it from, but the bottom line is that the two jackets in question were apparently NOT Wested's, but Disney versions, so Patterson, your tailor may or may not have done the repair with the paper, as it may have come that way originally. The individual I was dealing with confessed that he had just repeated what he had read here as it being the "London Times", as the tailor never told him what the paper was, and he just assumed it was the same. Just wanted to let you know, Patterson, that you were not the only one in that boat. High regards. Michaelson
: :
: :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: