Re: Another Indy IV thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Matt Rolfes from 1Cust43.tnt4.cle1.da.uu.net on January 22, 2001 at 16:13:17:

In Reply to: Another Indy IV thought posted by Santiago on January 21, 2001 at 23:45:39:

: I was wondering, what your thoughts are on this. In Raiders, Marcus Brody, and Sallah seemed to be competent characters, who could get things done and somewhat added to the plot. However in Last Crusade, they seemd to have regressed to bumbling fools, that were almost an embarassment. Don't get me wrong I still love the LC. Anyhow when Indy IV comes out how should Sallah be portrayed if he is given a slot? The same as in Raiders or as in the Last Crusade? This is supposing that he is given a slot at all.

: Santiago

: Adios Seņor

I would have to say Sallah if does indeed show up, should have more of the role that he had in Raiders. Although he did play a major part in Last Crusade, it was like you said a more humorous role.
However I would hope that Indy IV would show some new characters who could be Indy's friends. There also seriously needs to be new villans. Although the nazis were indeed good villans, I think we need to see more different villans.
The movie would have the feel that Temple of Doom did, it would be a totally new situation which would make the Indy saga more enjoyable than it already is.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]