You rub it with sandpaper and steel wool, then apply leather lotion?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Befuddled from user-2ivfj1b.dialup.mindspring.com on January 22, 2001 at 19:03:59:

In Reply to: Re: Weathering holsters... posted by Indiana Josh on January 22, 2001 at 18:28:42:

Is this the recommendation for the leather holster or the jacket? You say "jacket" in your post... Or did I completely misunderstand you?
- Befuddled

: A. Well over my time as an Indiana Jones fan I have heard of several ways to do this procedure on your own. I would recommend doing it this way. First you will need these materials: steel wool or very fine sandpaper, and leather care of some kind. I would recommend using the steel wool than the sandpaper because the sandpaper may couse the leather some slight damage. Only use it if you do not get the desired look with the steel wool. Next take the steel wool and apply it to the area that you desire to distress, rug up and down until you get the optimal amount of distressing you are looking for. Then after you have distressed all the areas that you want give the entire jacket a good coat of leather care. This helps seal up the distressing, blend the distressing with the rest of the jacket and heal any damage to the surface of the leather.

: Cheers-Josh

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]