Weathering holsters...or not

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on January 22, 2001 at 20:01:28:

In Reply to: Weathering holsters... posted by Sean on January 22, 2001 at 13:55:59:

Sean, I'd just try the Pecard's dressing application first and see what that does for you. I would NOT suggest applying any roughing of the surface with anything until you've seen what the dressing does to tone down the leather and make it more pliable. Remember, once you take the surface off of the finished leather (and that's exactly what you're going to be doing to that expensive item you just paid hard earned money on), you can never put it back, so keep that in mind. The Pecard's may do just enough for now, and with use the holster will take on it's own look, as mine has done over the years. Pecard's will help restore the surface somewhat, but it will never repair the damage once done. Just a word to the wise. If you can afford to replace the item, then by all means do what's suggested, but if not, you better give this some thought. Regards. Michaelson

: Hey gang:
: Can anyone give me some advice as to how to "weather" my MBA "Raider's" holster? It's pretty stiff and I'd like to soften it up a bit and give it more of a used look.
: Thanks in advance!
: Cheers,
: Sean

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: