that's definitely true...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.224 on January 23, 2001 at 14:12:39:

In Reply to: The "Poet" may have a six inch unbashed crown, but..... posted by Dakota Ellison on January 23, 2001 at 11:29:41:

: : : : : Why didn't you guys just go with the exact measurements as stated on Indygear? All the research is done for you already.

: : : : : Just wondering because when i get my pb that's what i was planning to do.

: : : : : Cheers

: : : :
: : : : : : : Would you give me the height at the front pinch, and then the height at the sides.

: : : : : : : If you messure from the bottom of the ribbon, the front pinch is 4 3/4. The sides are at the highest point are 5 5/8. It sounds if I had gone with that highth it would be just right. We are not talking very much just a 1/4 to a 1/2 inch or so.

: : : :
: : : : :
: : : : : :
: : : : : : Thanks. This height sounds like what I have been shooting for, although I am quite happy with my current one. As mentioned before, my next one will be the same height as yours, but with the 2 7/8 x 2 3/4 brim. I am anxious to see what the higher crown and larger brim willl look like! Regards, Fedora

: :
: : : : Well the reason is because over the years we have conflicting reports as to what the "exact" dimensions are. And of course they varied from film to film. To the best of my knowledge, the crowns probably ran from 5 1/2 to 6 inches in the open crown state, with the brims running from 2 7/8 to 2 3/4 front and back, and 2 1/2 to 2 3/4 on the sides. I think my latest PB is on the mark, but I want a fedora with a 6 inch open crown and 2 7/8 x 2 3/4 brim since I have never owned a fedora with these dimensions. Regards, Fedora

:
: :
: : You know, I wonder if HJ wants us to believe these were the specs for all of the film hats? Anyone here think that the LC or TOD was a 6 inch crown hat? Bet these specs applied to the Raiders fedora exclusively. Regards, Fedora

: It must have a bit more taper than the original "Raiders" fedora.
: Cheers,
: Dakota

-----

My HJ has a TOD taper until i pinch the front enough to make it not taper like the raiders hat.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]