I agree Micah

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Santiago from byu-edgix.byu.edu on January 23, 2001 at 17:13:02:

In Reply to: Indy-flavored posted by Micah on January 23, 2001 at 11:25:19:

: : Hey any of you guys seen the new Tomb Raider trailer? WOW Angelina Jolie, Lara Croft, would make a great counterpart for Indiana Jones. Or maybe a great nemesis! Anyhow I thougt it was interesting that both Indy and Tomb Raider are Paramount films. Geez Indy is old enough to be her father. And BTW great Indy pics Vogel

: I thought the trailer was impressive, but it seems like an action movie in the vein that The Matrix began (Charlie's Angels [although spoofy] and MI:2 also have that feel to them). Sure, TR has a dash of Indy thrown in, but she's a distant cousin in the Indy family tree. Now, Mummy on the other hand is a son. Now that was a movie made in the "classic adventure" mold. If I see "bullet-time" in Mummy 2 I'm going to thrash around on the ground like I just drank the blood of Kali.

: Don't get me wrong, I thought Matrix and MI:2 were fantastic action movies, and maybe Tomb Raider will be too. But that kind of movie just doesn't evoke the same feeling of adventure as Indy.

: --Micah

Yeah when I saw the trailer I thought another Matrix. I like your analogy of TR being a distant cousin to IJ. Good observation. Great minds think alike

Santiago

Adios seņor

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: