Re: How would Indy end?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-34.fanshawec.on.ca on September 12, 1998 at 16:38:21:

In Reply to: Re: How should Indy end? posted by ~The Raider~ on September 12, 1998 at 16:17:49:

:
: : : Indy 4 is coming, so I was thinking how should he go out. When I watched the ending to Last Crusade, I do not have a feeling of closure. Do anybody else agreed? What do you think?

: : It should'nt end they should leave it with the possibility of continuing maby not with Ford. James Bond survived with several people playing the part, if the part is strong enought and the fans will support the franchise.

: I don't think anyone else could fill Ford's shoes, but to leave it open to a franchise would just be Indy's style. I mean, just because the adventure ends doesn't mean Indy's career is over.
: ~The Raider

Short of killing of Indy himself, which I can't see happening as Old Indy from the Young Chronicles may not approve, how exactly would they end the franchise?
By the way I think that Last Crusade had he best ending of the three. I got a real sense of closure. We find out where Indy got his name from and he and his Dad ride, happily reunited, into the sunset -- with Sallah and Marcus, of course. What more could we ask of an ending?

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]