try this...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Pete from 192.217.12.16 on January 24, 2001 at 03:43:20:

In Reply to: CARE OF WESTED? posted by Indy Sean on January 23, 2001 at 17:06:36:

well actually, personally, i think that if you put some leather dressing on it, waterproof it and just keep wearing it, it'll be fine. i went into a "leather guy" and he touched the jacket. he said he hasn't seen leather this fine and soft in a LONG time. also, this lambskin (new finish raiders) will conform to your body over time. so it gets even MORE custom made to you!! however, be warned, lambskin (although VERY comfortable) will RIP or TEAR if you get it caught on something (say, a nail, or a really sharp rock)

that's why they had so many used up in filming the movie.

respect it and it'll respect you, promise....let it age, that's what it's supposed to do. it'll start looking great in just a little while.

a note on your bag...did you try to just lengthen the strap? have the top of the bag hang at your hip, rather than the body of the bag hang at your hip. it'll get just under the jacket, and still be able to go under your coat. just a thought, cause if you watch the movies, indy's bag was REAL low, compared to what I thought at least!

and that's it....enjoy your jacket...take care
pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: