Man!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace232.utsi.edu on January 24, 2001 at 11:19:43:

In Reply to: Re: what did INDY pay? posted by Michaelson on January 24, 2001 at 11:18:21:

You can sure tell I'm at a loaner keyboard! Please excuse all the typos! Regards. Michaelson
:
: Probably not as much as you'd think, as all this items that are being recreated for us were just off the shelf/rack stuff back int eh 1930's, the majority being military surplus materials. Oh, on your police ride, just remember, though it seemed to work for Indy, the Wested is NOT bullet proof. Not even PETER claims that in his COA. (grins) Be careful. Regards. Michaelson

: : hi guys, i had a funny thought...

: : i know that we're not ALL rich here at indyfan, yet we (as fans) can justify spending (what i consider to be) TONS of cash on jackets, hats, props, etc.

: : now, we get these things, and take CARE of 'em don't we? but indy? no way. he ABUSED 'em. and i realize that with bullets whizzing by and nazis threatening your LIFE, that you may not worry so much about your clothes no matter what you paid for them.

: : so what would HE have paid? anyone think that he paid (with inflation since the forties considered) the same as us? i mean pound for pound of course. but would these jackets and hats been as much money back then? just a thought...watching the movie, i thought to myself "not a CHANCE i'd do that in these duds"

: : incidentally, the wested raiders new finish that i got is "distressing" superbly! looking great! and the more "adventures" i go on, the scuffs and marks only remind me of close encounters...also, i'm going on a police ride along THIS FRIDAY! woo hoo! i'll be wearing it then i can assure you even though it could get ripped on a broken crack pipe lol

: : take care,
: : pete

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: