Re: Holy Crap!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Jones Fan from proxy2-external.edgewd1.ky.home.com on January 24, 2001 at 13:44:17:

In Reply to: Holy Crap! posted by Micah on January 24, 2001 at 13:33:33:

:
: : I just got off the phone with the infamous Lawanda and she swears up and down that the motorcycle and airplane are not currently available. I insisted that she check her computer and I even asked to talk to the operator named Richard. She put me on hold and came back saying she asked Richard about the order he took this morning for the motorcycle and airplane. She said Richard told her that he took the order but it was for a "wish list" order and that the two sets will not be available until Jan 28th at the earliest but there are NO GUARANTEES. They are scheduled to receive 2000 of each toy but it is not confirmed. Is your order a real order or a "wish list" order? Dealing with these Disney operators is quite frustrating.

: There was no talk of "wish list" vs. real. I was given a three week delivery estimate, so they certainly have enough time to get something that isn't in stock right this second. The whole $8.95 for apparently turtle-back delivery is getting annoying, by the way. I wonder if they are padding their delivery time to account for stocking problems.

: This is frustrating to say the least. I wish we could get some definitive info. Where's Walt when you need him. Lawanda says the airplane/motorcycle will never be at WDW. Richard happily takes my order as if they are in-stock, but tells Lawanda that it was a wish-list order which may or may not ever be fulfilled. Grr..

: --Micah

I went ahead and placed the order with Lawanda. I have, as you do too, an order number. What you can do is call back and check the status of your order number after Jan. 28th to see if it's real or "wish". I have ordered from Disney Theme Park Merchandising over the years and the 2-3 week delivery time is pretty much standard. We will all eventually get these toys... I think. But if anyone else can get some more info then please post it.

Indy Jones Fan

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]