Re: Any poster experts out there?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-mtc-tb012.proxy.aol.com on January 24, 2001 at 16:01:19:

In Reply to: Any poster experts out there? posted by Santiago on January 24, 2001 at 15:22:15:

: How much would be a good price to pay for a Temple of Doom poster? The one with Indy standing alone with whip and thugee sword in the temple. How can you tell if posters are original or reproductions? I want to buy this one I know about but I am not sure of the price. Thanks for you help.

: Santiago

Unfortunately, it's impossible to tell an original from a copy without seeing the poster in person. Originals, ironically, are usually of lesser quality. Printing technology has come a long way. I don't care how well cared for a poster is, an original will have mild discoloration to the back. It will not be bright white, but an off white or even slightly yellowed. An original theatrical poster of the "Indy" era will be printed on heavy stock, same with video store copies of the time. It's a matter of minute detail, but if you have ANY poster of the era you'll see what I mean if you compare it to the quality of a new poster. If authenticity is not an issue try ALLPOSTERS.COM. Not all of their stock is original, but at about $14.95 a pop, they're still great to own. Hope this helps!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]