Re: Indy 4 Grail Diary

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Fedora from ppp-53.col.cableone.net on January 24, 2001 at 23:15:15:

In Reply to: Indy 4 Grail Diary (aka Crazy Ass Theory, Part II) posted by The Fabulous Mola on January 24, 2001 at 22:47:16:

: "I believe virtually everything I read." - David St. Hubbins, 1984

:
: Warning: Do not read if you are perfectly happy knowing that you will get NO INDY 4(!) this year. (You never would've made that leap from the lion's head, either, would you?)

:
: Continuing with my theory (when I get bored at work- YOU, the Indyfans, reap the rewards), I find that it's possible to construct a very real timeline for Indy 4 that would allow it to be released this year:

: 93 to 95

: Everything up to this point was little more than wishful thinking.

:
: 95 to 97

: Nearly every rumor during this time was simply the result of either the Saucermen script, the Sons of Darkness fanfic, or the Lost Continent "scoop".

:
: 98

: This is what I consider the real start of Indy 4- and when the Big 3 really got serious about making it. This is also when Spielberg began saying he could (and wanted to) have it ready "no later than summer 2001".

:
: 99

: Did filming begin for Indy 4? One or two rumors surfaced online, of Ford on the set, but always began with "a friend of mine said..." Hardly anything that would be given a second thought...although Lucas did have Episode I in the can already.

: Was there a script? Lucas had said he had two. He also said he didn't. But something about the plotlines of McCoy's last novel and Infernal Machine bothered Lucas enough to have them changed. But why worry if it conflicts with something that doesn't exist?

: Where did the funny haircut go? Why did Ford let his hair grow out for his role in What Lies Beneath? What could that have possibly added to the character? (This is my favorite conspiracy point, by the way.)

:
: 00

: A million things to do, and no one does anything. The Big 3 on vacation.

: Satisfied by the Box Office returns of 6 Days and Random Hearts, Ford decides to quit being Jack Ryan.

: Was Spielberg really thinking only of soccer when he scouted locations in Brazil?

: Now there is supposed to be TWO more Indy films- but how when they can't even get ONE made? Have Lucas and Spielberg really become this unproductive?

: And why are there reports of a Spielberg production, only it's not A.I.?

:
: 01

: Everyone's waiting for M. Night's decision, but is his script intended to be part 4...or 5? Are we actually waiting to see Indy 5 start the creative phase- having convinced ourselves that it's number 4?

: Will we see Indy ride again this summer? Will they really put this off until 2003- or will we have a fifth and final Indy to look forward to by then?

: And how come no further information was ever unearthed on:

: Indiana Jones and the Law of One? Garden of Life? Red Menace? Raiders of the Fallen Empire?

: Is Micah behind all of this?

:
: At any rate, I think it's quite possible that the film's production is much further along than anyone suspects, especially since any news of the film gets regarded as little more than a rumor. Meanwhile, it doesn't appear to be such a big secret to the rest of the world, as people always like to tell me, "Hey, did you hear they're making a fourth one of those?"

And I am still trying to figure out how that radio station in St Louis got their info on Indy 4 being released late this year. One of the guys had never even seen any of the Indy films! There's some strange things going on here. I have searched and tried to find another news group to colloborate this news item to no avail. Fedora

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]