Well...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Patterson from 63.104.29.112 on January 25, 2001 at 11:41:04:

In Reply to: Re: Visit to Flight Suits... posted by Curious 2 on January 24, 2001 at 20:34:13:

: I'm new to this. Will, say, a 40R fit more like the real thing than say a 44R or 46R because proportions have to be altered to accomadate the larger, aka "fatboy" size? (I'm a 40).....and I'm only guessing that when you guys sat fatboy you mean that some Indy jackets are made with extra room for bloated hips and waist lines, haha.

: More importantly: What other significant changes other than the ones you told us about a few weeks ago: the inch taken off of each side of the jacket and the half inch taken off at the bottom (making the jacket a half inch shorter)did were you able to locate from research and then convince Flight Suits to include in their reformatting of the design?

: Inquiring minds want to know.

: Thanks for your work. Fortunately for you, being an accountant and all, for the next few months you can sit back and coast (just kidding)

: Good luck Captain Jacketman

We actually spent most of the time hashing out the shape of the side panels. These determine the taper and drape of the jacket. Once we threw everything we wanted in fit, etc onto the table, and they digested it, it was determined that the entire side panel would be redesigned.

Hmmm... What else? The bi-swing pleat will be raised 3/4 inch, with the seam under the arm aligned just South of the shoulder to shoulder seam. They were not perfectly aligned on the original, but were not anything like the 1+ inch difference I see on my Westeds.

The cargo pocket will be 1/4 inch longer, while the cargo pocket flap will be taken down to 3 inches tall. Also the front of the collar will sit up 1/5 inch higher on the neck - adding material to the front of the jacket - giving it weight to drape forward and down when the jacket is unzipped while still sitting square when zipped.

Gotta go - cheers!

Patterson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: