Re: Indiana Jones Toys Thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Fabulous Mola from host-216-78-21-65.cae.bellsouth.net on January 25, 2001 at 12:13:05:

In Reply to: Indiana Jones Toys Thought (a bit long winded) posted by Santiago on January 25, 2001 at 01:53:38:

The one thing that I found odd was the Entertainment Tonight special last month. Why did they spend an hour focusing on a series, if a new movie isn't for at least 2 or 3 more years?

The thing to remember though, is that Indy 4 is pre-sold. It's the biggest sequel out there (even more so now that Episode I is out of the way), and everyone involved knows it. (It's practically a legend worth sending Indy himself after at this point!)

Anyway, there is really no need to hype a film like they do today, especially one like Indy 4. I remember that with the last two Indy sequels, the public knew that they were going to be made, but you didn't really start to hear that much about them until a few months before they were set to open. Today for some reason, if you don't have a copy of the shooting script a year before a movie opens, people just can't believe it's actually being made.

Will Entertainment Tonight break the Indy 4 trailer next month- only to have it ruled a fan-creation by the internet gurus??!!

Why doesn't Micah want us to have these Motorcycle and Airplane sets??!!

Armageddon without Bruno? Will we really have to endure a summer movie season where the biggest action heroes are Ben Affleck, Brendan Fraser, and Angelina Jolie??!!!!!!!!!

Uncle Indy- PLEASE come back home now!!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]