Re: Indiana Jones Toys Thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix3-40.essex1.com on January 25, 2001 at 12:55:53:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones Toys Thought posted by The Fabulous Mola on January 25, 2001 at 12:13:05:

It would seem quite logical that Entertainment Tonight would do such a special on the Indy trilogy, even if the film were not to come out for 2 to 3 years. In fact, I think that is what they would have in mind. By not only reminding the general public about what a great series of movies this trilogy was, the viewere response could be utilized on another level in order to determine just how badly the public wants another Indy movie. I'm sorry, but I really think we kid ourselves in here sometimes by thinking that our desire for a new Indy movie is felt by all. Most people don't really care or would go looking for that information, but if they were reminded of how much they enjoyed the first three movies, it may peak their interest. I think that is what EW had in mind. Because right after it aired, I never received so many calls and emails from my friends informing me that there is going to be an Indy 4. I keep telling everyone that I have known that and they have been saying that for a couple of years beforehand. Perhaps by seeing how much a general audience responded to the idea of another Indy film, Spielberg, Lucas, and Ford could realistically set down a filming time (whether it be as close to immediate as possible, or whether they could all do their little projects first and then have that there waiting for them afterwards).

If and when the movie is ready for release, I really don't think they will need much advertisement. But I hope Indy gets all the attention that Episode I got when it came out. I just hope I don't have to eat the dog food over at Taco Bell to get some strange Indy promotion.

And don't joke about those Motorcycle and Airplane sets...please! Micah and I have gone through enough trouble with ordering the damn things! Good luck getting yours if you are trying! I sincerely wish you all the luck in the world. I would really like to have it confirmed that there is no "wish list" or junk like that which I wasn't informed of when I ordered. By with a three week waiting for shipping (Things were shipped faster on the spice trails through ancient MidEast as well as across the entire Inca road), they have plenty of time even if it comes out on the 28th.

I hate having to pay $8.95 for the worst shipping ever!!!!!

Enough ranting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]