Re: Indiana Jones Toys Thought

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Fabulous Mola from host-216-78-22-49.cae.bellsouth.net on January 25, 2001 at 13:56:17:

In Reply to: Re: Indiana Jones Toys Thought posted by Marhala Bartender on January 25, 2001 at 12:55:53:

: It would seem quite logical that Entertainment Tonight would do such a special on the Indy trilogy, even if the film were not to come out for 2 to 3 years. In fact, I think that is what they would have in mind. By not only reminding the general public about what a great series of movies this trilogy was,

Yes, I agree with you on that...

:the viewere response could be utilized on another level in order to determine just how badly the public wants another Indy movie.

...but do you really think Lucas or Spielberg need Entertainment Tonight to tell them Indy 4 would be highly anticipated?

:I'm sorry, but I really think we kid ourselves in here sometimes by thinking that our desire for a new Indy movie is felt by all.

I definitely agree that the average moviegoer is not out there tracking down rumored scripts, but the simple fact that Indy 4 nearly ALWAYS comes up whenever Ford or Co. do an interview is a good indicator of demand. (If not, the huge applause they can get from just saying "We'd love to, but there's no script", should suffice.)

: But I hope Indy gets all the attention that Episode I got when it came out. I just hope I don't have to eat the dog food over at Taco Bell to get some strange Indy promotion.

I doubt that it will be hyped (ie. merchandised like crazy) like Episode I, simply because the other ones were not. I think in a way, part of the series' appeal is that the films are allowed to sell themselves, instead of being shoved down the public's throats.

: And don't joke about those Motorcycle and Airplane sets...please!

Now, you really shouldn't allow yourself to get stressed out over something like this, especially when we know these things will not be limited. It's kid's play when compared to trying to order a $350 toy from Japan, or finding out you've only got X amount of days to get the new Indy game...or hearing that they still don't have a script!!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]