Re: Just a quick comment about Raiders.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Shawnkara from spider-tf044.proxy.aol.com on January 25, 2001 at 14:31:41:

In Reply to: Just a quick comment about Raiders. posted by Indiana Dog on January 25, 2001 at 13:09:40:

: Is Sallah really a good friend? I know he has risked his life for Indy on a number of occasions but he has no compassion. "Marion's dead." "Yes I know. But life goes on Indy." Kind of a coldhearted remark, yes? I'm a guy and never thought of it before but I was watching ROTLA with my girlfriend last night and she pointed it out. Interesting how wimmin think. (which thankfully isn't often. haha)
: BTW - Is it true that Sallah is executed in the original script?

My Wife pointed that out as well. But, Michaelson is right. Religious views differ greatly where God and Ahla (sp?) are concerned. Sallah's belief structure would have dictated that death does not exist as we know it, but that rather life is a circle. Death is not seen as an end, but rather a beginning. As far as Sallah being executed in the original script, you're half-right. There was a deleted scene outside the Well of Souls after Belloq and the Nazis arrive where Sallah was to be executed. However, the young soldier charged with the duty cannot bring himself to do it.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]