Re: Indy Gas Mask Bags search

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from em12-686.utsi.edu on September 13, 1998 at 12:09:46:

In Reply to: Indy Gas Mask Bags posted by belloq on September 13, 1998 at 10:44:12:

: What is the best source for the Indy MKVII gas mask bags? Though several are mentioned on this forum and the "Indy Gear" type sites, is there any consensus on which of the bag sellers is most reliable and sells bags in good condition for a fair price? I know this has been discussed at length here before, but I have just recently begun Indy collecting and I would greatly appreciate some guidance. Many thanks for any suggestions you can offer.

Hello Belloq. It really depends from where you are starting your search. If you'll look down on the page, you'll see a discussion regarding Laurie's search, and some of her contacts she has been able to make. I've found my through the militaria collectors pages. There doesn't seem to be one single good source, but then do we really want one? Laurie stated in one posting that her one contact was wondering why there was such interest in this bag. As she pointed out, if the word gets out that this item is so sought after by our crowd, the usual found price of $12 to $15 will immediately double, and the usual locations will dry up. I have been witnessing a lot of locations in New York state seeming to have access to these bags, and the ones I have received have been in very good shape. Most of the wear has been from storage. All I can recommend to you is to do your own search. We all did, and all were successful after a fashion. I think I was extremely lucky as the first posting I put out, I received two inquiries the next day. Actually, the strap seems to be the most daunting problem, and it shouldn't be either. As they say, there is more than one way to skin a cat. I would suggest going the internet search first, as posted by Laurie, and then start your own quiry if that doesn't pan out. You will find one, I assure you. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]