Idol and Accessories

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Canadiana Jones from omnibusworldwide.net on January 26, 2001 at 11:44:34:

In Reply to: Some much needed criticism of the figure. . . posted by Bellosh on January 25, 2001 at 17:46:12:

: . . .and finally, wouldn't a golden idol have made a better accessory than that sword (which doesn't even resemble the khyber bowie?) Just thought I'd throw some heresy in here. . .and believe me, I still can't believe I'm actually holding a new Indy fig in my hands now.

I agree with you on the surprise and joy of the new figure! Thank god for Indy Toys!!

BUT, I think that the items that came with Indy are appropriate. The items provided were all seen in the films (If not exact replicas of the items), and were appropriate enough for the Indy figure to have.

My thought is this, wouldn't it be nicer to get a carded accessory pack that contained the Artifacts from the Indy lore? It could contain the Ark, the Fertility Idol, the Cross of Coronado, the Cup of Christ, and the Sankara Stone(s), as well as perhaps a staff of Ra or just the Headpiece for the staff of Ra. That would be well worth another $6.00 to get all at one time, in my opinion. If the line does continue and we see more figures and accessories, this would be high on my wish list.

Just my two cents,

Jamie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: