Finally, Indy arrived. But not looking near as good as I would have thought.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix2-06.essex1.com on January 26, 2001 at 15:39:17:

Yes, finally I can state along with nearly everyone in the forum, besides the angry Austin Powers, that I have gotten the 4" Indy figures I ordered. Still haven't gotten the 10" Indy even though I ordered that much earlier and they even said it would be here by now. Guess my victories are half defeats.

ON A FURTHER NOTE...

Although I would be one of the first to sing the praises of the release of a new Indy figure, I am afraid I was very disappointed when I finally got the 4" fig in the mail. I have heard pretty much everyone say how they like the details of the jacket and I would have to agree, but there is so much wrong with this Indy.

1. Is it just me or does Indy look like his last adventure was searching for the lost crack pipe. The way his eyes are painted make it look like he is high!!! His eyes look all messed up and kind of like the upper eyelid is all droopy. Well, now I can pose him in his latest adventure where Indy searches for a stash of ancient Incan peyote with his lovely assistant Mary Jane in Raiders of the Massive Munchies (okay, that was kind of excessive, but I am upset)

2. Indy has got one hell of a snoz on him. I know his nose has never been dainty, but holy Jesus!

3. The holster doesn't hold a gun. If they could spend all that damn time painting the little grey lines to make the jacket look weathered, why the hell can't they replicate the simple technology of the old figures and make it so Indy can actually carry his gun without it always being in his hand???

4. The size of his satchel is horribly out of proportion!!! It looks like he is carrying a dainty little purse. Watching the movies, everyone has seen that Indy has carried a gun in his bag as well as ALL THREE of the Sankara stones. It is so small that his holster dwarfs it.

5. Why can't they make Indy turn at the waist like the Star Wars figures? Is that too much to ask.

6. What is with that stupid looking sword? Did Indy run back after he shot the Cairo swordsman and take the sword as a souvenir? I guess so, but then again, he did get kind of drunk after Marion was blown up.

And last of all in my list of rants....

7. $8.95 for shipping!!!! I ordered two, got them in a USPS Priority Mail box with shipping in the amount of $3.50. Apparently, Disney must spend $5.45 to handle these delicate items and throw them into a box with a bunch of weird, half-shredded paper.

Despite my list of complaints, I am very happy that a new figure is out. It could have been done better, as I am sure I would have said with any figure, but it's hard to create perfection in plastic form for mass production. I just hope that McFarlene can get ahold of the rights to do an Indy figure. I have no doubt he would do an excellent job. He would just probably do something a little off like include the torn out heart of that guy from TOD or something gruesome like that.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]