Can't agree with you there

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix2-45.essex1.com on January 27, 2001 at 13:35:43:

In Reply to: Don't! posted by Sean on January 27, 2001 at 11:09:24:

: Hey there:
: DO NOT open it! If you must, get a loose, complete Indy...my reasoning is that I was in the same situation - I had a MOC Indy, and I finally opened it. Guess what? The first time I put the whip in his hand his thumb broke off, which is typical of that figure (I come to find out.) Leave it, buy a loose one, or better yet, get the Disney fig which is (contrary to popular belief) 100% better than the vintage...and his thumbs look pretty damn sturdy.
: The sky is falling,
: Sean

Sean, I can't agree with you that the 4" Disney Indy is 100% better. That is by far, an extreme exaggeration! It looks nice and it is certianly great to have a new Indy figure that is relatively easy to purchase, but have you seen this thing???? Up close it isn't near as nice as I thought it would be. I'm sorry, but I strongly disagree with you- the original Indy I think is still better! It's classic, it's vintage- I don't know, but those outweigh what the new one has to offer. And besides, if he wants to pose an Indy on the Well of Souls, then the new Indy will be out of proportion. But I agree with you that you should never open a MOC Indy when you can get one much cheaper out of the package for posing purposes.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]