And....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on January 28, 2001 at 12:20:31:

In Reply to: Oh, I've paid for Saturday delivery! posted by Fall Guy on January 27, 2001 at 11:16:44:

...it must be designated as a Saturday delivery by a "saturday delivery" label on the outside of the package, supplied by UPS. We ship via UPS from the department here, and have been burned a couple of times by designating on the UPS book for Saturday delivery, but not placing the stamp on the package, found that the package was held until the following work day, or Monday in this case. So the answer is indeed yes, but within UPS procedure only. Regards. Michaelson

: I've paid dearly. ;) But usually UPS is late anyway. WHY is that?

: : I've had Next Day Air packages shipped out on Fridays that I didn't get 'till Monday. Stupid weekends! Argh. :|

: : : I just found out that UPS delivers on Saturdays only if you have asked for Next Day Delivery! I thought they delivered on Sundays, but I'm not so sure anymore...
: : : FG

: : : : My mistake. If you've received packages from UPS on Saturdays, then I guess they do deliver on Saturdays! I've never received normal UPS ground shipment packages on Saturdays myself. The only Saturday deliveries I've ever received from UPS were Next Day Air Saturday Delivery packages, which the sender paid extra for.

: : : : Zippy

: : : : : I've received UPS packages on Saturdays... As far as I know they'll even deliver on Sundays - if you've paid for that.
: : : : : FG
: : : :
: : : :

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: