Re: I'll tell you why the figure is out of stock...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Rocky from cn204279-a.harris1.pa.home.com on January 28, 2001 at 13:21:41:

In Reply to: I'll tell you why the figure is out of stock... posted by Sean on January 28, 2001 at 10:51:21:

While I agree, it doesn't seem fair that someone is buying up stocks of Indy figures just to scalp Indy fans, (I even thought of putting a couple bids on them so I could get one myself) the one thing we have to remember is that it's us who keep these guys in business. By buying the figures at inflated prices, we tell the scalpers that we are willing to buy one figure at the price of two, or more. They make the profit which they use to buy even more figures to make even more profit. The one thing I always say is be patient. I ordered mine from Disney and will wait to order some more things for my collection. It's tough for me because I have very little patience. But the reports say these are unlimited toys. They will have them for sale months from now, and I'm willing to wait that long to order mine. And if there is one thing that the Indy trilogy has taught me is patience (Just look at the timeline for the fourth movie, the Indy DVD's, the length of time it took just to get more toys, Young Indy videos, etc.) When it comes to Indy, Patience is a Virtue. I can't entirely blame the scalpers, we're all looking for that idea that will make us a lot of money, but I won't condone it either. I just won't participate in their scalping of us. Remember, with Indy-Patience is a Virtue.
Note to Paramount and Mr. Lucas-Please don't press our patience too much longer. Indy DVD's soon, please.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]