more info

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sam Cox from ultra.bluep.com on January 29, 2001 at 03:14:11:

In Reply to: PS Check out this link posted by Bellosh on January 28, 2001 at 07:31:18:

: It shows the guy who runs the company (I think) holding an Indy fig, surrounded by motorcycle helmets.
: http://www.toysmccoy.com/profile.asp

: : Hey, I got into a discussion with Curious about Toys McCoy Indy and the other figures they did (Steve McQueenx3) and I went looking for their site - it's in Japanese, of course, and seems to feature nothing except 1 motorcycle helmet for sale, plus a couple of motorbike t-shirts!! Anyone know anymore about them. . .? How does a company isn't primarily a toy firm produce these kind of figures? And while we're about it, does anyone agree that a TOD indy in white tux would be a cool Toys McCoy figure? Think of the accessories - gun, diamond, Nurhachi, champagne glass, poison vial and skewer with flambed chickens!!!
There is a Japanese company based in New Zealand that reproduces the best 1940s US flight jackets available,this mob is called RealMccoys and there logo is the same as Toysmccoys.Interesting that the label they trade under in Japan is BUZZ RICKSON and they do amazing 1930s and 40s repro vintage clothing(including copys of celebrity unit jackets,Flying tigers etc),they also have a cheaper label called SugarCane.The Real Mccoys label seems to be used on all the stuff sent frm NZ to Australia,America and Britain.When i was in Japan i was in a clothes store in Tokyo last christmas that stocked BUZZ RICKSON jackets i also found i could also buy a Toys Mccoys Indy from the same shop.Top little country wouldnt you say?
Sam

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]