True. True.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix3-24.essex1.com on January 29, 2001 at 10:37:47:

In Reply to: The whole Disney Figures, Ebay sellers, etc. issue.. posted by Mark on January 28, 2001 at 21:23:38:

Ebay is a legitimate way to make money and I, too, am sick of everyone blaming a lack of figures or anything else on it. We are just as much to blame. And I am sure not everyone at Ebay is buying massive numbers and selling them at higher prices like so many here are ready to accuse them of doing. But it is true, that is the free market and that is what we have to deal with, like it or not.

And trying to inform Indy fans all over is nice, but if somebody wants to go straight to Ebay and bid two to three times the amount on an Indy figure cause that person can't take a second to check the several Indiana Jones websites out there to order it direct, well that's just too bad. That is the price you pay for not having patience or for not having enough foresight to do some research first. Let the others pay outrageous prices for their Indys on Ebay, that is the price of an unintelligent buyer.

I wouldn't worry about them being out of stock, however. It will only be a matter of time and people need to learn to be more patient. It won't kill anyone to have to wait for a month or two to get their figures, despite how they may feel it does. Disney will produce many more. And besides, if there is one thing that any true Indy fan should be able to do, that is wait. We have waited forever for the fourth installment of Indiana, and we have waited this long for our favorite hero to get the figure treatment.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]