He doesn't know what he's got there...sorry man. (NM)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Sean from d141-46-146.home.cgocable.net on January 30, 2001 at 08:15:22:

In Reply to: A sad Indy day after all....(a bit long...)... posted by Indiana Jimmie on January 30, 2001 at 03:05:07:

: Well, the worst has happened.

: I was at work Thursday night, and early Friday morning I was called into the fab to fix a machine. I wore my Indy jacket that night as it was blazing cold here. I stowed it under a bin in the cabinet, as we always do, and when I returned at 7:30 am (after about an hour and 1/2), the jacket was gone.

: I didn't panic at first, as my team mates are always pulling this sort of joke on one another, and the morning cleaning people were rampant, and have a habit of grabbing our stuff and sending it to the lost and found.

: I immediately grabbed the closest cleaning guy, and asked if they'd moved my jacket. He said he knew nothing about it. His mate said the same thing.

: I returned to my office, thinking that my team mates, if they had taken it as a joke, would have left it there. No luck.

: I immediately ran to the nearest security guy, and reported it stolen.

: Well, it took me 14 hours and numerous threats just to get to the head of security, and to get HER to get the videotape of the hallway that my jacket dissapeared from.

: Now get this...as we watched the tape, the cleaning guy I aked about it WAS THE GUY WHO STOLE IT!!

: I spoke to the head investigator tonight, and he said that he'd met with the guy, who claimed to know nothing , until he was shown the tape....then he said that he had "moved" it, as per their instructions, to the lost and found.

: The investigator said that he is in firm belief that this guy took my coat, but since he denies it, there is little hope of recovery. He couldn't even give me the kids name.

: So now the police are involved. And my attorney has filed for the information, as well as a copy of the tape.

: I will soon be sueing this kid in small claims, as well as the cleaning agency, since he was working in an official manner, for negligence, and a few other things.

: This jacket also contained my cell phone, ALL of my security keys and securemote number generators (for email, Etimecards, etc), my antique US Army pocketknife, a small amount of money, and my wallet.

: I have had to go through the process of turning off my cell service, cancelling the credit cards, and start the long and winding road of getting a new SS card and drivers license.

: So, all in all, today I gained a bit of Indy, I lost a bit of Indy.

: Damn.

: Indiana Jimmie

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: