Re: ROTLA Fedora Current Thought?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Michaelson from leospace047.utsi.edu on January 30, 2001 at 13:35:05:

In Reply to: ROTLA Fedora Current Thought? posted by MF on January 29, 2001 at 22:16:17:

: What's the current conventional wisdom of the Raiders hat? Watched ROTLA Sat. night and now I'm pretty sure that it's a 2 7/8 brim, at least in front and may not be dimensionally cut on the sides; rather the upturn provides the effect.

: Just wondering what the collective thinks these days!

According to the recently supplied letter from a fellow fan that had corresponded with Herbert Johnson (Richard Swales to be exact at HJ), the front and rear measurements were indeed 2 7/8 inches. I also believe it is dimensionally cut as HJ states in the letter, but personally not to the degree as stated in the letter, at 2 3/4". I do believe there's enough material removed to allow the brim to upturn, but not at an extreme angle. My current Miller is a non trimmed 2 3/4 version, and after wear in rain and weather, the sides have achieved that extreme upward roll as seen in LC, so without the stress relieving dimensional cut to the sides, the ROTLA fedora would have done the same thing in my opinion. It has a roll, but not as extreme as my Miller. Just my thoughts on the subject. Regards. Michaelson

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]