Thanks for responding, much appreciated (nm)

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Indy Sean from 206.67.74.39 on January 31, 2001 at 09:05:09:

In Reply to: Just thought I'd add this.... posted by West on January 31, 2001 at 06:54:14:

: I'd thought to make the point I was trying to make before clearer I'd add this and also to save Patterson on time and typing. This is an old post that Patterson made which covers this topic a bit. Hope it helps:

: "I'd dispute the "...besides from the fact that Wested is the original" comment. Wested made the original jackets, but the jacket you get today is not the same as the original RotLA jackets. Wested’s have gone through their changes over the years. Based on the number I’ve owned and examined, I feel confident that today’s Wested is a variation of the Last Crusade jacket - smaller collar and slightly shorter length for the RotLA, and smaller collar and slightly longer length for the ToD.

: Having had originals either in hand or having detailed pics from them, allow me to say the above with conviction. Noel Howard has a ToD jacket which has been examined by any number of fans out there, and to which I've had access to detailed pics and descriptions from both Mr. Howard and some of those fans. This jacket has little in common in the details with a Wested - and I do believe the devil is in the details if you want to know the truth. Oh, know - I sound like Fox Mulder! Anyway, the jacket more closely resembles the cut of the US Wings jacket. Lower bi-swing pleat, smaller square pockets, shorter side straps, yadda, yadda, yadda...

: The RotLA jacket observations I've made are based on having had access to a documented original. Things like the width of the storm flap, taper of the collar, dimensions of the bi-swing pleat and side straps, gussets under the arms, yadda, yadda, yadda. I think I've talked about the details ad nauseam to some of you.

: And of course, for Dewayne - there are even issues with the Wested's accuracy to the Last Crusade jacket - the configuration of the collar stand and storm flap and alignment of the shoulder and sleeve seams.

: Again, yadda, yadda, yadda....

: Recently, Peter has decided to make some changes to his standard Raiders jacket - in order to give the fans what they want, i.e. a jacket more accurate to the original based upon more than just my observations – many of your fellow fans have been talking about these needed revisions for some time now. But if it were based on the original patterns, why would this be necessary? Ah, contradictions...

: Don't get me wrong - Peter makes a great jacket. It captures all the elements to make it a must for any Indyfan out there. He is a pleasure to talk to and to do business with. He made the originals. I believe with a little digging and a few phone calls, any intrepid Indyfan can fill in the gaps as I've done, and as more than a few of those who will choose NOT to post a reply have done – wink-wink (grin). Email me, or give me a call. I'm always happy to talk shop.

: Cheers!

: Patterson"

: Hope this answers your question,
: West

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL: