Congrats Patterson on a well replied post!

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Marhala Bartender from dix4-01.essex1.com on January 31, 2001 at 12:23:42:

In Reply to: A poll instead of something on jackets... posted by Patterson on January 30, 2001 at 12:04:35:

You know, this was a good idea. It is interesting to see the demographics of the forum and to place lifestyles with the names I see here.

As for myself....

I am going on 23 soon here, recently married (in Turkey to a beautiful Turkish woman, who doesn't really appreciate my spending my time here in the forum, but oh well), and will soon be going to grad school for....you guessed it- anthropology/archaeology.

Funny, but when I saw Last Crusade (which unfortunately was my first encounter with Indy since I didn't get to see too many movies out there as a kid), I was mesmerized and went to see it five times in the theater. It sparked my interest in archaeology (despite my wishes that it were, it is nothing like what Indy does) and so I pursued it. Just graduated last year from a college known for its very own Indiana Jones- Roy Chapman Andrews. I am also a Museum Studies minor, and have worked in several museums handling some really great items that I dreamed about doing as a child. I went on a dig in northern Chile two summers ago, with a week stop in Lima to do some exploring of the city. Wore my fedora and never heard the end of it- not to mention carrying the MkVII bag and having all my friends refer to it as my purse. Anyhow, I have been immortalized throughout most of the campus as Dr. Jones.

And just this last summer I went to Turkey to get married to a great woman I met in college. Spent five months there hitting all the great archaeological sites and museums.

Raiders is by far my favorite movie, love the Bond films (just Connery and Brosnan though), Braveheart, and Star Wars. Play hockey and guitar (though not in the same manner). Love the Green Bay Packers and Detroit Red Wings.

Some say I look alot like Harrison Ford (I have the same build, stature, big nose) but I think it is just a conspiracy to get on my good side.

There are still a few people I am interested in learning who they REALLY are...

Keep up the posts!

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]