But...what about the Leather Concessionaires jacket?

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Dakota Ellison from alcfpxy1.att.com on January 31, 2001 at 16:32:07:

In Reply to: Re: For West.... possibly Patterson (?) posted by Michaelson on January 31, 2001 at 15:28:00:

: : I'll throw you this one, since Patterson is avoiding damage to his and Peter's mending fences. In light of the documented "Raiders" jacket and the info it has provided was it ever considered to pass this info to Peter himself? I fully agree with the sentiment that Peter's "Raiders" jacket is something of a hybrid. Twenty years ago Peter could NEVER have guessed what Indy would become and I'm sure that no craftsman keeps every single pattern for everything they've done. To someone that's not as rabid as we are, it's the same jacket in all three films. The LC patterns were still in his possession, so he modified them from memory to meet the "Raiders" specs. I guess my point is, why Flight Suits? I know they have a great reputation, but maybe Peter would have been interested in recovering what he had lost. I know I would have. Don't get me wrong, "You've done your country a great service, Patterson". These are just the things I think when I'm home alone and the power goes out....

: I'll tackle this one, as I'm one of the three that began the process from the very beginning....FS was already in the loop, as Lee Kepler has had a long standing relationship with their company for many years. In his opinion, and which has proven out, they were the best choice for the project in terms of working through the long tedious details in creating a "correct" jacket for an interested public. This information was indeed shared with Peter before FS took up the gauntlet, but at the time he decided not to make the changes and passed on the offer by Patterson to him. You're absolutely correct, though, 20 years ago he never guessed that the jacket would still be one of his biggest sellers. Hope this sheds a little more light on the topic. Regards. Michaelson

It was produced at least through the early nineties, and it has higher mounted side straps and gussets and is closer to the "Raiders" jacket in appearance. I think Matt Walker stated his first Wested has these attributes. So, this makes it only about 6 years ago that Peter changed to a basicly modified "Last Crusade" jacket. Why? I'm sure I don't know.
Cheers,
Dakota

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL: