Re: Perfect? No.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by c0li from spider-tl022.proxy.aol.com on September 14, 1998 at 15:16:40:

In Reply to: Perfect? No. posted by Major Paul on September 14, 1998 at 02:32:56:

: :
: : I think Mel Gibson would be perfect for playing Indy what do you guys think? For those that disagree please clarify why.
: : Thanks

: : Shannon

: Shannon,
: I like Gibson a lot. He's a damn fine actor. But, I just don't see him playing the part. He too is starting to get up there in years. But the biggest problem I have with him portraying Indy is exposure. He's been in so many movies; it would be extremely hard for me to watch him and think to myself, "Hey, that's Indiana Jones". Instead, I would be sitting there shoveling popcorn thinking, "Hey, there's Mad Max, Hamlet, Detective Riggs, Maverick..." Good movies suspend disbelief. I'd have a hard time believing Mel Gibson was Indiana Jones. It would have to be a completely unknown actor for me to do that. -MP

i agree. harrison ford can and will be the only Indiana Jones. no one will ever fill his shoes and i feel that if they did make another movie without Ford it wouldn't compair to the past Ford movies. c0li

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]