Oh, I see...

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust128.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on January 31, 2001 at 19:51:09:

In Reply to: ACTUALLY, I was inserting that pronoun as an attempt to counter the prevailing gender-term imbalance, you hypersensitive clod. posted by Inby on January 31, 2001 at 18:53:03:

...you were just trying to singlehandedly reverse centuries of gender bias on the IndyFan Forum. No problem; how PC of you. And I hope you will accept that in the good sarcastic fun it was intended. Actually, I applaud your efforts, though name-calling is unnecessary, don't you think, Mr. Got-His-Panties-in-a-Wad? I also found your post quite interesting since I ignorantly thought all dirt was "brown".

: Just kidding with that "hypersensitive clod" bit. If your message was intended as a wry, irony-laden implicit commentary on the gender inequity rife in American culture, I hope you'll accept this reply in the good humor in which it is intended. If not, then that is unfortunate.
: Any archaeologist, regardless of sex, who cannot or will not read a Munsell color shouldn't be in the field in the first place.
: Besides, the great thing about the Internet (and this forum) is the potential irrelevance of gender unless it is germaine to a posting.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]