Re: ....from a writer's perspective.

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Curious from 1Cust103.tnt1.brunswick.ga.da.uu.net on February 01, 2001 at 06:03:51:

In Reply to: Re: ....from a writer's perspective. What writer would that be?.... posted by Shawnkara on February 01, 2001 at 01:44:13:

Sorry, Shawnkara, I wasn't trying to sound flippant. I was a little confused and didn't put that out quite right. Congratulations on your novel, I had no idea you were a writer. Only a very small percentage ever get sold, let alone published, so be proud. And don't concern yourself with what I might like. There's something for everyone and there are plenty of people who want sci-fi. I don't look down my nose at it just because I have other interests (except Star Trek--I'm sorry but I've always found all of it so cheesy).

: I was reffering to myself, Curious. My first novel will be out in the Spring, if the schedule we've worked up goes as planned. I'm no more qualified than anyone else here, by any means. I didn't boast being a writer to display arrogance, but only to say that I understand a great deal about character and plot development, how difficult it is to assemble a thing of such scope and how easy it is to ruin something with one wrong plot turn. It sounds like you may not like it; it's totally fabricated science fiction with no basis at all in reality, aside from my own views. Honestly, I'll be lucky to ever finish my Indy story, I'm having trouble writing a sequel to my own damn book. This taught me something that my earlier post reflects as well. When writing sequels it's difficult to decide how much of your now-established formula should carry over in the interest of continuity and how much should be abandoned to avoid a rehash.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]