I think I know what you mean....

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by Austin Powers from dialupE223.mpls.uswest.net on February 01, 2001 at 16:00:12:

In Reply to: An odd question. O.k. maybe it's just dumb, but . . . posted by Indiana Dog on February 01, 2001 at 15:50:55:

I've stated my opinion on this topic many times, only to have it torn apart. But I think what you are saying is similar to my feelings.

I believe that IF they make an 'Indy 4', Harrison will be TOO OLD to run around in the Indy outfit. Nobody wants to face this fact, they all still believe he can pull it off. But let's look at it logically. Picture Harrison Ford in his current state(older, wrinklier, slower-moving) wearing the full-on Indy outfit. Looks pretty ridiculous, don't it?

The guy's nearly 59. He'll be well into his sixties by the time a fourth movie is made. He's already too old. The 99% of the Indy concept is the outfit. Without it he's just Jack Ryan. Granted, NOBODY could replace Ford(although I too feel Clooney would be the next best thing) as Indy, but without the hat, jacket, whip....there is no Indy. And no amount of make-up and CGI magic can make a man in his sixties look young again.

Lucas and the gang've just sat on their asses too long, a fourth movie will never be made, at least not the way it SHOULD be made.

Austin Powers

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]