Indy's Timeline

[ Reply ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]

Posted by The Fabulous Mola from host-216-78-21-193.cae.bellsouth.net on February 01, 2001 at 17:10:44:

In Reply to: An odd question. O.k. maybe it's just dumb, but . . . posted by Indiana Dog on February 01, 2001 at 15:50:55:

I think it's safe to say that Ford WILL be wearing the outfit. Of course, it's an understandable question when you consider that we live in a time when people want to make Superman movies without him wearing the costume OR flying!

I don't understand the mentality, though, that just because we've experienced another year, then so has Indy. I really don't expect Lucas or Spielberg to say, "Okay, let's see...1938=1989...ok- so we have to set the fourth one in THIS year!"

They could still set it in the late 40's and audiences wouldn't care one way or the other. (Hell, they could probably set it in the early 40's, since most of them won't even remember when Crusade was set.)

As far as explaining why Indy is visibly older- um, what about the fact that the guy has led a pretty hard life and he's naturally experienced wear and tear?! It still stands true- the mileage outweighs the years.

Follow Ups:

Post a Followup:

Name:    
E-Mail:  
Subject: 
Comments:

Optional:

Link URL:   
Link Title: 
Image URL:  

[ Follow Ups ] [ Post Followup ] [ The Indyfan Forum ] [ FAQ ]